COVID-19 Policies, Procedures & Disclaimer
for Wild Grace Wellness Center
We have begun a phased reopening of Wild Grace Wellness Center, 36 Ludwig Road, Dresden, ME 04342 with pool classes and private pool use beginning June 1, 2020. We are looking ahead to July 1, 2020, when we will begin to reopen for massage and Myofascial Release, per Maine state guidelines. We are eager to welcome back our clients with the safety and well-being of all at the forefront of all our planning efforts.
We are navigating through this unprecedented COVID19 pandemic as responsibly as we can and have implemented a number of new safety measures based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. We are committed to a responsible and safe reopening of Wild Grace.
Here are the key things we have implemented for your safety at Wild Grace:
- Temperature screenings & pulse oximetry prior to entry for all clients
- Posted guidelines for the prevention of infection
- Face coverings required for all clients entering the building and pool area. NO face masks to be worn in the pool.
- Physical distancing practices of at least 6 feet, including marked physically-distanced areas in the pool and physically-distanced seating in the entry
- Temporary operation modifications, including reduced hours and extra time scheduled between classes and clients for sanitation procedures
- An increased focus on disinfecting and sanitation, including the addition of hand-sanitation in the entry, hand-washing, paper towels and closed garbage bins in all the bathrooms, soap dispensers in the showers
- All pool class participants are required by law to take a rinsing shower prior to entering the pool. A new requirement will be to wear disinfected pool shoes into the shower and on the pool deck. No shoes are allowed in the pool.
- Disinfected pool shoes will be provided to all pool class participants, or you may bring your own provided they have not been worn outside and the soles have been disinfected prior to wearing them at Wild Grace. Lysol spray will be provided for this purpose. A marked bin for used pool shoes will be provided at the end of each class.
- NO towels will be provided for pool classes. All participants are required to bring their own towels
- A new Release of Liability form will be offered to all pool clients.
Many of these measures are new and evolving. Please continue to review the following detailed policies, procedures, and disclaimer so you will be aware of all these changes when we reopen.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures. Please follow all posted instructions.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and clients with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Wild Grace Wellness Center you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Help keep each other healthy.
Guest Parking and Entrances
During this initial phase, clients will be directed to self-park in the parking area along the west side of the building. Please space your vehicles 6 feet apart by parking in front of a reflective stake. Enter through the north side ramp and front door.
If you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath at the time of your arrival, call the office at 207-737-2478. DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING.
Clients arriving for massage will wait in their cars and call or text their therapist to announce their arrival. Clients will be directed to the appropriate treatment room. To limit exposure to others, there will be no “waiting room”.
All clients are required to undergo temperature screenings upon arrival at Wild Grace.
- Guest Screening: During this initial period, clients will undergo temperature screening in the front entry area. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be directed to return home and contact a doctor. Those with temperatures 100.4 F or above will not be allowed entry; and those in their party will not be allowed entry.
- Pulse oximetry readings will also be taken to determine the client’s blood oxygen levels. Any reading below 95 will be advised against exercise and directed to return home and contact a doctor.
- Employee Screening: Employees will be required to complete a health screening and temperature check prior to beginning work each day.
Following guidance from the government and the medical community regarding enhanced screening procedures and prevention measures, we have made some temporary adjustments that include limited-contact to ensure a responsible and enjoyable environment for everyone.
- Face Coverings: All clients are required to wear face coverings when entering Wild Grace Wellness Center.
- All clients entering the pool can remove face coverings during the pool classes. Once classes are over, clients will exit the pool one at a time, giving each participant appropriate social distance, time to dry off, shower if desired, dress, and re-apply face-covering prior to exiting the pool area.
- All massage and MFR clients will be required to wear face coverings throughout their appointments, unless face down in the face cradle and breathing is difficult.
- All face coverings should:
- Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the client to remain hands-free
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops
- Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable
- The use of face coverings should not be seen as a substitute for physical distancing. Clients must provide their own disposable or reusable face covering.
- Cashless Transactions: At this time, it is recommended all clients use cashless payment options, such as checks made out to EMILY ESTES. Credit cards, debit cards, etc. will be accepted with a 4% processing fee.
Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures
Managing the number of clients in the pool has been a major consideration as we implement physical distancing guidelines based on recommendations from health authorities and government officials. The pool is 20 feet by 16 feet, therefore, the number of clients allowed in each pool class will be 4. Each participant will be given an 8-foot by 10-foot section in the pool and the classes will be designed for clients to exercise within those designated areas. The pool deck has been marked with blue tape to ensure proper social distancing.
- Signage: Safety, directional, and educational signage has been installed to assist clients to responsibly move throughout the building.
Cleanliness and Sanitization
We’ve increased cleaning with soap and water and “green” disinfection in all areas, especially surfaces that are touched such as: doorknobs, light switches, handrails, benches, tables, chairs, handles, pool exercise equipment, showers and toilets, massage tables and more. Additionally, Wild Grace will provide hand sanitizer at the entry area and hand-washing supplies and paper towels in all the shower and bathroom areas. Clients are highly encouraged to use these while visiting.
We’re further emphasizing our strong culture of health and safety and will continue to provide new information, redesign policies and procedures as needed, and offer training and education as we navigate through the reopening phases.
About These Measures
As part of these efforts, clients may see other changes to our procedures as reopening evolves. Please know that though it may be different from the last time you visited, any new measures are designed to offer a magical experience in a responsible way.
We understand that these times are challenging, and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate as responsibly as we can. Together, we can find new ways to have fun, exercise our bodies and minds, relieve stress, and enjoy a sense of community all while being diligent to safety.
Thank you for your trust and continued business,
Emily Estes, owner
Wild Grace Wellness Center